Development of FILCOTEN:
BG-Graspointner has been producing concrete products since it was founded in 1963, predominantly drainage channels, pre-assembled components for railway construction and traffic systems for road construction.
BG drainage channels made from earth-moist cement concrete are distinguished by their solidity, stability and the diverse fields of application. Thus, BG-Graspointner has been able to develop a leading market position in civil engineering, especially in the heavy duty sector and maintain this for years. In the sector of horticulture and landscaping and similar applications in which the high load capacity of the channel elements is not the decision criterion, these concrete channels have a competitive disadvantage which has been impossible to rectify until now: the heavy weight which could not be reduced due to the properties of normal concrete. Other channel construction materials such as polymer concrete or plastics have been the dominant systems in these market segments until now.
In 2000, Friedrich Graspointner had the vision of producing drainage channels which combine the advantages of classic concrete, e.g. stability and solidity with that of polymer concrete channels,
e.g. thin-walled and light.
In 2002, Mr. Graspointner read about a production process in a professional journal which made this dream come true.
Through close cooperation and intensive developmental work with specialists, a new, lightweight range of channels made from fibre-reinforced concrete came into being which are manufactured on a fully-automated production plant.
Corporate history of BG
- 1963 Founding of the concrete factory in Oberwang by Friedrich Graspointner sen. Manufacture of concrete goods for residential housing on the construction in the local market.
- 1974 Development and production of concrete drainage channels. Setup of an Austria-wide distribution network. Partners are renowned concrete goods manufacturers and construction materials traders.
- 1979 Construction of a concrete and prefabricated parts factory near the A1 motorway (western corridor).
- 1995 Standard concrete compounds for the Austrian Federal Railway are introduced to production. Begin of sales to the Austrian Federal Railway and the construction industry.
- 1996 Opening of a cement factory in Slovakia for the East European market. Certification according to ISO 9001.
- Restructuring of the entire company, the division drainage systems is hived off to form a GmbH & Co KG.
- 2002 Distribution companies with a large central warehouse open in Croatia and the Czech Republic.
- 2003 A distribution branch is opened in Hungary.
- 2005 Entry into the Romanian market with production and distribution. The innovative BG traffic systems are launched into the marketplace.
- 2007 Expansion of the product range for the areas garages, facades and roof drainage.
- 2008 Expansion of sales activities with exclusive sales partners in Western and Eastern Europe.
- 2010 Serial production and market launch of the ground-breaking FILCOTEN drainage systems.
- 2011 Market entry in Russia - distribution and production.
- 2013 Start of distribution to North America and foundation of subsidiary in Poland.
- 2014 Realignment of the management structure and the company communication. The issue of sustainability is moved to the fore more strongly. Foundation of subsidiary in England.